Vacancy title: Project Accountant
Deadline of this Job:20 October 2021
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents, and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision-making processes within their communities. Exciting Career Opportunities ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community-based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the wellbeing of deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children.
Contingent upon funding, ChildFund, in partnership with Nutrition International, will be supporting the MoH in implementation of VAS in 130 districts. Consequently, ChildFund Uganda seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven, and result-oriented candidates for the following positions.
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (1)
Responsible for providing technical support to ensure that Project funds and other resources are utilized and reported according to ChildFund's policy and procedures and in compliance with donor agreements
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Responsible for training and mentorship for project staff in financial management systems and procedures to ensure competency, proficiency, and required financial reports are submitted promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for project budget and cash flow management duties to include fund release request preparation, coordination, and supervision of cash forecast requirements, review of the budget.
- Ensure project compliance with terms and conditions in the donor agreement, including compliance with procurement policy, and immediate notification of deviations to CO Finance management.
- Conduct joint monitoring visits to project activities/sites??, follow-up on corrective actions required, and adhere to the reporting requirements of national office.
- Review and verify financial documents to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, policy, and donor's requirements.
- Responsible for assisting project staff on finance manual requirements, capacity building for staff on finance activities in compliance with policy and procedures.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of monthly, and quarterly financial reports of the project
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- CPA or ACCA preferred 2 years' work experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping activities, auditing, business administration, or related field.
- Experience in budget preparation and office administration in an international NGO or organization preferable.
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills, ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multiethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers, and names of 3 work-related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CHILD FUND INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 3342
KAMPALA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivers to ChildFund Country Office located on
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check.
ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline: 20th October 2021