Vacancy title: Project Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:20 October 2021
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents, and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision-making processes within their communities. Exciting Career Opportunities ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community-based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the wellbeing of deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children.
Contingent upon funding, ChildFund, in partnership with Nutrition International, will be supporting the MoH in implementation of VAS in 130 districts. Consequently, ChildFund Uganda seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven, and result-oriented candidates for the following positions.
PROJECT COORDINATOR (1)
To provide leadership to the ChildFund team and effectively collaborate with the Ministry of Health in the roll-out of the Vitamin A supplementation campaigns as a component of the Integrated Child Health Days.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Participates in the Ministry of Health planning processes for the Integrated Child Health Days at the national and district levels.
- Participates in monitoring the roll-out of the Vitamin A supplementation campaigns.
- Participates in performance review meetings to ensure that the Ministry of Health Vitamin A supplementation targets are achieved.
- Lead the technical and financial project team members in successful collaboration with the Ministry of Health for the Integrated Child Health Days campaign.
- Supervises key staff assigned to the project. Ensures proper budgetary management of the project.
- Reviews grant project reports by aligning it to the donor requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A Master's Degree in Medical Sciences or Public Health is essential.
- Extensive computer proficiency.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience managing medium to large grants projects international non-government organizations.
- Hands-on experience in supporting the Ministry of Health Child survival campaigns.
- Extensive understanding of the health sector, policy frameworks, and systems in Uganda and the region
- Demonstrable experience in working with Ministry of Health and Local Governments Health staff in health systems strengthening and evidence-based planning.
- Experience in the implementation of donor driven health projects/programs.
- Demonstrable aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of people management and mentoring skills.
- Ability to take fast decisions.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers, and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CHILD FUND INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 3342
KAMPALA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivers to ChildFund Country Office located on
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check.
ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline: 20th October, 2021