Vacancy title: Project Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:10 July 2020
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development, and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in the scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Project Coordinator – Buikwe MNCH
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Buikwe District
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Uganda, will implement an MNCH project in Buikwe district. With close supervision and leadership of the Programme Manager, the Project Coordinator will implement all project activities in the designated sub-counties/ areas and ensure the quality of the project in line with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and Donor related policies. .
- Identify and build strategic networks with other actors to support the district in the implementation of MNCH strategies including Goal-oriented ANC, HIV/AIDS, EmNOC, ICCM (Integrated Community Case management) for Pneumonia, Diarrhea and Malaria and nutrition programming, community systems strengthening including VHT functionality and health advocacy
- Provide guidance to the development of project designs and annual operational plans of the MNCH project including timed and targeted Counseling (ttC), mHealth platform at the Village level, Essential Maternal and newborn Care (EmNOC), contribute to the 100 days through the Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP) and provide technical advice to other MNCH projects.
- Work in cooperation with the Ministry of Health to improve government interventions in the area of MNCH, providing evidence using internationally recognized models such as LQAS for community-based outcomes and quality improvement approaches including mentoring and coaching of service providers, LiST and qualitative methodologies.
- Representation and advocacy for World Vision (WV) and other MNCH programming at national level forums using evidence based frameworks including operations research in the area of systems strengthening and the contribution of VHTs to MNCH.
- Work with WV staff and district partners to technically interpret the MNCH technical approaches in the proposal and facilitate the implementation of key activities, including promoting access through the integrated community outreaches approach Health center functionality, Positive Deviance Hearth, The Child Days Plus, the Baby-Friendly Health Facility Initiatives (BFHI), Helping Babies Breathe and Helping Mothers Survive, cPMTCT and Signal functions for EmNOC for Uganda.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Nutrition, public health, and/or health-related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing similar related projects programs or projects
- High level of understanding the MNCH, Nutrition, and HIV
- Prior leadership experience in the area of maternal newborn & child health and Nutrition and HIV models and proven ability in advocacy management and leadership.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work with diverse teams across the organization
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting, documentation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Experience in working communities with good knowledge of the public health system and structures
- Must be creative individual with a strong sense of vision, commitment and priorities
- A mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse teams across considerable distances Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to World Vision’s mission statement and Core Values
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time
- This is a technical Project Management position that requires a person with
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, please click here