To review and monitor the implementation of Baylor Uganda objectives for Pediatric HIV care & treatment in alignment with up to date MoH guidelines for comprehensive Pediatric, adolescent and adult HIV care & treatment to improve health facility service programs, system and structure.
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of a consolidated & harmonized cluster periodic work plans & budgets for all projects as well as their integration into district and health facilities periodic strategic and developmental plans and budget in line with Baylor-Uganda HSS mandate.
- Monitor the implementation of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) based & data driven capacity programs for health workers and community key stakeholders in comprehensive pediatric, adolescent and adult HIV/AIDS/T.B prevention, care and treatment services through ‘trainings, mentorships and support supervision’ in line with Ministry of Health Guidelines and donor HSS guidelines.
- Monitor the implementation of strategies and systems for strengthening HF to improve ART/ant-TB initiation, treatment and outcome monitoring through case conference, mortality and as well as increasing ART/BTU facility coverage through HF assessment for accreditation especially in underserved geographical areas and populations in line MoH guidelines.
- Provide technical support during the development and monitoring the implementation of periodic cluster PMP, health facility & district PMPs in alignment to all project(s) objectives using CQI approach then produce consolidated periodic reports to key stakeholders in line with Baylor-Uganda HSS mandate.
- Provide technical support in rational use of medical commodities, documentation of consumption as well as laboratory performance in the cluster in line with MOH guidelines.
- Establish/strengthen health facility based system for infection control and waste management through the CQI approach in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
- Provide technical support for integration and provision of HIV prevention, gender in the face of HIV and reproductive health services in the district in line with the National HIV prevention priority areas.
- Establish/strengthen collaboration/partnership with other key district stakeholders involved in provision of HIV related services and as well as monitor the implementation of strategies for community mobilization and advocacy for all project in the district.
- Provide technical support to the key stakeholders in monitoring the implementation of strategies for strengthening client linkage & referral system to increase demand for comprehensive services and a functional patient tracking system for retention purposes.
- Provide technical support in health systems strengthening in terms of human resources management as well as conduct supervisory HR & administrative support activities to maintain a competent & motivated “cluster team” in line with the Uganda employment act and Baylor-Uganda Human resources manual.
- Provide support during the sub-granting process to the district in terms of sub grant planning and budgeting, monitoring implementation of approved sub grant plan and budgets in line with Baylor grants policy.
- Participate in operational research through development of abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor-Uganda research guidelines.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- MPH or related public health policy management course
- MB ChB and registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council
- 5 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on email@example.com