Vacancy title:Regional Strategic Business Development Manager, East, And Southern Africa (ESA)
Deadline of this Job:27 September 2020
Marie Stopes International is currently seeking to recruit for the above position.
The Regional Strategic Business Development Manager ESA, reporting to the Regional Strategic Business Director ESA, will provide critical support, operational guidance, and capacity building to drive the sustainability of, and the true social business standing, of MSI’s high-quality family planning and PAC services across the region: with programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe. In so doing, under the direction of the Regional Strategic Business Director and in collaboration with MSI technical teams, you will contribute to the region’s transition to, and implementation of, the MSI2030 strategy..
- Support the Regional Strategic Business Director ESA in the implementation of a sustainability, future-proofing agenda and contribute to conversations with targeted ESA country programmes and GPU and PDD to increase funding opportunities, with support from relevant technical teams
- In collaboration with the entire ESA Regional Support Team, support targeted ESA country programmes as they implement domestic fund-raising strategies, leverage commercial and contracting opportunities, and maximise income streams from public and private health insurance schemes
- In conjunction with country programmes and the ESA Regional Support Term, contribute to the development of new business development strategies and appropriate traditional donor proposals (with a particular focus on programme sustainability) including contributing to, editing and reviewing ESA concept papers, and proposals to donor specifications and a high standard
- Drive sustainable change through building the capability and skills of country teams to embed sustainability strategies and the implementation and monitoring of sustainability plans.
- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance and capacity building to all ESA country programmes to support the successful embedding of the sustainability plans for the region. Participate and advise on strategies to regionalise technical assistance where this adds value and/or increases the effectiveness
- Support the Regional Strategic Business Director ESA in the collection and dissemination of data that provides detailed information and helps all ESA country programmes track their progress in meeting the region’s sustainability plans
- Support all ESA country programmes in the articulation of sustainability-related inputs to their annual business plans
- Coach and ensure strong collaborative relationships across the ESA region and MSI partnership, identifying, documenting, and sharing examples of sustainability learning, good practice and innovation across the region and promote programme to programme exchange across the region
- Demonstrate and facilitate the use of data generated through MSI-systems including client information systems (CLIC), SUN financial system, Info-BI etc. to strengthen the country programme culture of data driven sustainability decision making
Skills & Experience (All required)
- Strong supporter of the cause of family planning and a woman’s right to PAC services.
- Proven track record of driving operational improvements and efficiencies in health systems in Africa
- Proven track record in driving improvements in health financing (public and private insurance), and positioning & securing of domestic funding for service delivery in Africa
- Proven track record in driving the successful contracting of services and technical assistance by national governments in Africa
- Proven ability to analyse complex sets of variables and market assessments to identify and understand risks and build on opportunities for business development opportunities
- Proven ability to develop convincing business cases, including articulating return on investment (ROI), and presenting/pitching for investment
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to build rapport quickly with complex and diverse teams
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and manage a heavy and fluctuating workload
- Experience of building capability of teams for sustainable change demonstrated coaching ability essential Highly developed relationship development and communication (oral and written) skills
- Highly developed problem solving, diplomatic, networking and negotiation skills
- Skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Demonstration of ‘making things happen’, operating at pace and delivering effectively through others
- Strong supporter of the cause of family planning and should be prochoice.
- Energy, drive and unwavering commitment for MSI’s mission, with the ability to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with MSI’s mission.
- Passionate about MSI’s clients and strives to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting the clients at the centre of everything and ensuring we deliver high quality, high impact services that meet their individual needs
- Comfortable and familiar with working in organisations that are in “change management” and therefore can manage ambiguity with ease
- Willing and able to “roll up sleeves” to get things done and lead by example
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in defining goals and objectives
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and across disciplines and cultures
- Passion for service excellence and improving quality
- Right to work in country of residence
- Equally comfortable providing remote, virtual support as in person, face to face support
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 30% of the time and subject to Covid-19 restrictions easing)
Qualifications and Training
Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Post-graduate qualification in business administration, public health, public management or related field (desirable)
Health Financing qualification e.g. WHO e-Learning Course on Health Financing Policy for universal health coverage (UHC) – desirable
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the position provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements. Forward your applications to this email address; firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for applications is 27thSeptember 2020.
NB: 1. MSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING HUMANITY AND EXPECTS ALL POSITION HOLDERS TO SHARE THIS COMMITMENT.
2. MSI HAS A WELL GUIDED AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS THAT REQUIRES NO PAYMENT FROM ANY CANDIDATE/JOB APPLICANTS/POTENTIAL JOB SEEKERS AS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENT.