Vacancy Announcement Number: 2019-AADFI-RE-03
Deadline For Applications: 31 October 2019
Duty Station : Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Indicative Minimum Annual Salary: Ps Level
The Association of African Development Finance institutions (AADFI), a continental Association of Development Finance institutions with Headquarters in Abidjan, Republic of Cote d’lvoire invites candidates for the post of Secretary General
Reports to: Executive Committee
Responsible for: Overall AADFI Mandate
Internally: The General Assembly, The Executive Committee and The General Secretariat
Externally: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the United Nations Industrial Development Organisa tion (UNIDO), World Bank's Economic Development Institute, African Union (AU), African Development Bank (AfDB), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) Association of African Central Banks, NEPAD, Association of Latin American Development Finance institutions (ALIDE), Association of Development Finance Institu tions of Asia and the Pacific (ADFIAP), Union Africaine and Mauricienne rdes Banques de Dévelopment (UAMBD), Asso ciation of Regional and Sub-Regional Devel opment Finance Institutions in West Africa, African Rural and Agricultural Credit Asso ciation (AFRACA), World -Assembly of Small and Medium Enterprises (WASME) as well as university centres and research institutes.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic direction, policy guidance and ensuring that the AADFI mandate is realised. Thus, the responsibilities include but are not limited to the oversight development and implementation of a fully integrated strategic plan; work programmes and operational budget of the Association; the recruitment and performance management of appropriately skilled staff; Association's operations; relationship management with all stakeholders, donors and strategic partnerships. The Secretary General is further responsible for effective resource mobilisation.
Authority and Position Dimensions
• Authorises expenditure in accordance with established financial policies and procedures of the Association.
• Manages resources and authorises the acquisition and disposal of assets in accordance with the delegated authority of the Executive Committee.
Ensures workplace discipline in accordance with set human resource policies and procedures. .
Education: Master’s degree from a recognised university in economics, business administration.
Professional: A qualification in Development Finance would be an added advantage as well as membership of a professional and internationally recognised institute
Experience: At least 10 years of working experience in a financial institution (preferably development finance) of which at least 2 years should have been in a management capacity.
• Strategic thinking
• Masterful execution
• Agility in decision making
• Transformational leadership
• Effective communication and fluency in both English and French
• People development
• Strong ethics and values
• Affinity for digital technology
• Emotional intelligence
Key Performance Areas
• Strategy and Policy Development
• Stakeholder Management
• Financial Management and Reporting
• Corporate Governance and Risk Management
• Human Resource Management
Key Performance Indicators
• Execution of the AADFl strategy
• Key stakeholder support
• Resource mobilisation
• Enhanced cooperation for the financing of economic and social development
• Acceleration of processes of economic integration in the African region
• Cost reduction
• Effective risk and control environment
• Talented and engaged staff
• Improved member institution satisfaction
• Improved stakeholder relations
Strategy and Policy Development
• Develops and implement the Association’s strategic plan and support the key business objective of the Association.
• Assists the Executive Committee to moni for and evaluate the Association’s effectiveness and performance, by regularly reporting progress on activities of the Association in line with set objectives.
• Develops policies and strategies for adoption by the Executive Committee to proactively promote economic and social development in Africa.
• Reports periodically to the Executive Committee on the performance of the Association against set targets.
• Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the Association’s operational activities to ensure that the Association carries out and achieves its strategic mandate resulting in the desired economic integration in the African region.
• Performs additional duties as may be directed by the Executive Committee.
• Develops and maintains effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders including international organisations, cooperation agencies, other development bank associations, university centres, research institutes and governments of member DFls.
• Develops a wide, range of strategic relationships and networks internationally.
• Liaises and maintains relationships with the African Development Bank and its various structures.
• Assumes eitimate responsibility and accountability for decision making through liaison with the Executive Committee and key stakeholders.
• Supports member institutions as per mandate.
• Represents and act as ambassador of AADFI at most senior levels, locally and internationally.
• Anticipates political. social and economic issues likely to affect AADFI in a bid to achieve its mandate, lobbies to industry and government and recommends appropriate action to leadership of the host country to ensure a positive operating environment for AADFI. Works with partner institutions and other
• key stakeholders in the areas of economic and social development to promote cooperation for the promotion of economic and social development as well as for acceleration of economic integration in the African region.
• Promotes cooperation and ensures coordination among members of the Association.
Financial Management and Reporting
• Ensures strict adherence to prudent financial management principles and reporting in accordance with set international standards.
• Mobilizes financial and technical resources from multilateral DFls and donors for the Association's activities.
• Plans and implements resource mobilisation activities, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding resources, establishing strategies to approach funding agencies and submission of proposals to the Executive Committee for approval.
• Oversees Association's budget formulation and implementation as well as management of Association’s financial resources.
• Recovery of subscription arrears from member institutions.
• Corporate Governance and Risk Management
• Interacts with the Executive Committee to promote the effectiveness of the Committee and enable informed decisions through provision of accurate information, sound advice and feedback on the structure, objectives, strategies, plans, policies and performance of the Association.
• Ensures provision of effective corporate secretarial services to the Executive Committee and the General Assembly.
• Ensures idea governance and risk management structures are developed and implemented for AADFl to minimise risks and protect all assets of the Association.
• Oversees and takes steps to enhance reliable internal control systems and ensures these are implemented to identify and manage principal risks of AADFI.
Human Resource Management
• Provides strategic leadership and ensures the existence of policies to attract and develop talent, drive employee engagement, institute performance management and retain talent in alignment with the set strategic objectives of AADFI.
• Builds a strong, talented and effective management team to ensure achievement of the objectives of AADFI.
• Implements the day to day administration of the Association.
• Organizes Effectively Association’s key activities including conferences, seminars and workshops.
• Organizes Effectively the Annual General Assembly and Executive Committee meetings.
• Prepares of the records of meetings of the Executive Committee and the General Assembly.
• Prepares, submits to the Chairman for approval and implementation of the programme of missions for the members of the Executive Committee, the Secretariat and any other person authorised to participate in the Association’s activities.
• Oversees adherence to set service levels and standards of the Association.
Any Other Duties
• Undertakes such and other related duties as directed by the Executive Committee and the General Assembly
Remuneration (Gross Annual Salary)
The position will be at PS Level with a competitive annual salary and fringe benefits such as home leave, medical insurance, and retirement benefit.
Job application procedure
interested candidates should send comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, showing date of birth and nationality, along with a cover letter by mail, post or courier to the following address not later than 31 October 2019. The Chairman, AADFI, 06 BP 321, Abidjan 06 cote d’ivoire Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (00225) 225 225 84 NOTE; Due to the large number of applications expected, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted,