Vacancy title:Senior Planner
Deadline of this Job:07 May 2021
Uganda National Examinations Board is a body corporate established under Cap. 137 Laws of Uganda. Its Vision is "A Recognized Centre of Globally Competitive Educational Assessment and Certification" and its mission is "Conduct Valid, Reliable, Equitable and Quality Assessment of Learners' Achievement in a Professional and Innovative Manner and Award Internationally Recognized Certificates". The Board invites suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the position:
Job Title: Senior Planner
Responsible to: Manager Planning and Projects
Responsible for: Senior Planner
Salary Scale: EB 3L
Purpose of the Job
To develop comprehensive and integrated Board plans, monitor and evaluate their implementation. .
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulating, developing and coordinating Board development strategies, Plans and budgets in line with the Board's goals, policies and regulations
- Preparing and disseminating performance standards and indicators for the Board to users.
- Offering technical support to departments in preparation and production of Board development plans in line with standards
- Preparing project proposals and developing strategies for resource mobilization.
- Determining Board investment priorities in order to maximize on revenue generation for the Board.
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating performance of the UNEB
- Development Plans, programmes and projects in line with set standards and or objectives
Key Performance Indicators:
- Board development strategies, plans and budgets formulated and coordinated.
- Fundable project proposals developed
- Performance standards and indicators for the Board prepared and disseminated to users
- Technical support provided to departments in preparations and production of the Board Development Plans.
- Investment priorities in the Board determined.
- Performance of Board Development Plans programmes and projects coordinated, monitored and evaluated.
Key Decision Making
- Development strategies and plans.
- Performance standards and indicators.
- Monitoring and evaluation mechanism.
- An Honors Bachelor's Degree in Economics /Statistics / Quantitative Economics from a recognized Institution plus a minimum of a postgraduate qualification in planning and management from a recognized institution.
- A Master's Degree in Economics, Policy and Planning or related field.
At least nine (9) years of working as a Planner three of which should have been at Senior level in a Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies
- Planning, Organizing and coordinating
- Project Management
- Information Communication Technology
- Quality and standards Management
- Effective communication
- Time management
- Ethics, integrity and confidentiality
Terms of Service: Permanent
Age Limit: Not above 45 years old
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certiﬁcates, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees m hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org ,
NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 7th May 2021
The Executive Secretary
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way - Ntinda
P 0 Box 7066 -