The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage i electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd's investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: .
To provide strategic and operational leadership in technology innovation and establish geographical information System (GIS) as a critical success Factor in all UEDCL business Processes.
• Establish and maintain strategic geographical information System (GIS) that is aligned with the asset monitoring strategy and goals of UEDCL
• Evaluate the geographical information System (GIS) and related business processes continuously and launch interventions to optimize efficiencies.
• Advice management on asset management risks, safe guard the distribution network asset inventory and from time to time update the GIS database.
• Facilitate organizational change through the implementation of geographical information System (GIS) methodology.
• Engage with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure partnership and industry alignment and ensuring that internal clients get value from the available GIS technology.
• Evaluate the electricity distribution system continuously and advice on interventions to optimize its utilization and expansion in line with UEDCL goal of growing the distribution assets.
• Prepare monthly and annual reports on the distribution system activities in accordance with the prevailing UEDCL Policies and Procedures.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Degree in geographical information System (GIS) or its equivalent from a recognized university.
• A post graduate diploma in geographical information System (GIS) management is added Advantage.
• Experience of not less than 5 years in a recognized organization in a similar position
• Certification in power distribution software’s; like ETAP, Power master and others will be an added advantage
• Experience in setting up and maintaining GIS soft wares & databases.
• Excellent analytical and monitoring skills.
• Hands on experience in Planning power distribution systems.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.uedcl.co.ug : select "Careers" to view the job details and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed IMB. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is 18th November 2019 at 5:00 pm.