Vacancy title:2 Senior Lecturers
Deadline of this Job:25 July 2020
Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) is a private University in Uganda founded in 2012 and licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) to do teaching, research and community engagement. UTAMU offers experiential and outstanding learning and teaching for 21st Century students through an enriched learning experience that blends face to face and virtual learning.
The university combines Management and Technology in all its programmes and has highly qualified and experienced faculty in these two broad disciplines. The aim of offering management and technology modules in all our programmes is to equip all our graduates with skills required for 21st-century workers namely; critical thinking and problem solving, communication, collaboration, and creativity and innovation.
Its vision is a global center of excellence in management, administration, science, and technology education while its mission is to be a leader in providing quality Education, Research and Innovation critical to socio-economic and human development. Its values include:
JOB TITLE: 2 Senior Lecturers
Responsible to: Head of Department
Purpose of the Job
To teach undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University through well researched and prepared lectures; maintain academic and professional excellence through research and dissemination of research findings, and to contribute to the university and wider society through community service..
- Plan and prepare for lectures as per UTAMU quality assurance guidelines.
- Develop online courseware for all courses assigned to you according to UTAMU e-learning standards and upload these to the Virtual Learning Environment before the course is offered.
- Deliver lessons as scheduled on the time table.
- Provide students with all reading materials needed, engage the students with group work, assignments and attend to their questions/issues within the e-learning system.
- Engage students in at least 2 online chats and 2 discussion forums for each course you teach and give special attention to online students.
- Set, Invigilate and Mark your test/exam including open book exams and tests for online/distance students in your class.
- Note that there will be two tests and an exam and both will be timetabled centrally.
- Participate in School and University academic activities including meetings, student assessment, and research and outreach projects.
- Supervise both graduate and undergraduate students in your School.
- Involve in article writing and publications singly or Jointly with full-time staff members
- Participate in presenting papers in Conferences organized by the University.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements for any of the above positions should submit soft copies of their applications together with the following;
a) A detailed and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
b) Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates and professional qualifications.
c) Evidence of appointment of the relevant teaching/research positions, supervision of graduate students and community service is undertaken.
d) Names and addresses of three referees who should be advised to send reference letters direct to the Senior Human Resource Officer under confidential cover.
2. Submissions should be sent in soft copies to the following address;
The Senior Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Technology And Management University
Plot 6 and 8 Erisa Road, Kiswa Bugolobi
P.O. Box 73307, Kampala Uganda
3. Deadline for submission is Friday, 25th July 2020 at 5.00 p.m East African time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UTAMU seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UTAMU is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with strictest confidentiality.