Vacancy title: Senior Technical Director
Deadline of this Job:06 July 2020
BACKGROUND ON THE ORGANISATION
RTI International has been working in Uganda since 1991 across governance, education, and health sectors. RTI implemented Governance, Accountability. Participation and Performance (GAPP) Project (2012-2019) with joint funding from USAID and DFID, and currently implements an extension to GAPP with funding from DFID. RTI pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to create the foundation for and to promote democratic governance and economic development. For more information on RTI: https://www.rti.org/practice-area/governance
RTI is currently accepting applications for a Senior Technical Director for an upcoming USAID-funded Systems Strengthening and Public Accountability (SSPA) Activity in Uganda. RTI anticipates the SSPA Activity will focus on improving leadership and accountability for results, strengthening the standards, reward, and sanctions systems for public officials, challenging the norms, attitudes, and behaviors that fuel corruption; and supporting citizen engagement to demand better services.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting To: Chief of Party.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The Senior Technical Director will provide primary support to the functions of the Chief of Party (COP) in supervising and assuring the quality of technical activities, including management and oversight of technical staff. With the COP, the Senior Technical Director will be responsible for ensuring that the technical assistance (TA) provided under the project is strategic, strengthens local capacity, and supports the achievement of project objectives.
Job Skills: Not Specified
- Candidates are expected to have at least 8 years of progressive experience in the implementation and management of international donor-funded democracy, human rights, and governance programming and substantial knowledge and experience related to strengthening accountability and anticorruption systems in Uganda. * Responsibilities and required skills and qualifications are included in the online application. This position is subject to the Uganda Local Compensation Plan and is contingent upon award and funding.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you would like to be considered for the SENIOR TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, please go to the following link for additional information and application instructions: http://m.rfer.us/RTin1e7lc.Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.
RTI ADDITIONALLY SEEKS senior Ugandan professionals with expertise in the following areas for long- and/or short term TA opportunities:
- Civil society strengthening Local government accountability systems
- Service delivery systems strengthening Natural resource governance
- Wildlife crime-related corruption
- Gender, youth, and social inclusion
- Organizational development
If interested, kindly highlight area/s of expertise and submit CV via email: firstname.lastname@example.org