Vacancy title:Supervisor - Process
Deadline of this Job:18 October 2021
Kakira Sugar Limited (KSL) is a leading sugar manufacturer in Uganda. KSL boasts of two (2) sugar estates, one in Kakira - Jinja and the other in Kayunga. We seek to recruit dynamic, competent, and experienced candidates to fill various vacant positions in the company.
Supervisor - Process
Will be responsible for;
- Monitoring the functioning of all machinery and process equipment.
- Synchronizing the rate of boiling with the rate of crushing as well as Centrifugal and evaporator operations.
- Checking and maintaining the boiling conditions i.e. vacuum, temperature, steam pressure etc.
- Assigning specific tasks and duties to subordinates and give them technical guidance when required. Supervising the proper functioning of the rotary vacuum filter with a view to minimize sugar losses in the filter cake.
- Ensuring the quality of clear juice from the clarifier is of the set standards.
- Ensure Production of the required quantity and quality of sugar massecuites which can meet the purging conditions of the centrifugal.
- Ensuring that sugar massecuites of low grade are maintained to achieve better exhaustion.
- Carrying out on the job training to the subordinates and giving guidance to students on Industrial training.
- Overseeing good housekeeping and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Keeping proper and accurate records of work being performed during the shift.
- Training the workers progressively in handling newly introduced technology and safety aspects of process equipment in the factory generally Enforcing the safety, health, and environment policy to subordinate employees in the section while at work.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Process Superintendent/ Management from time to time.
Applicants should have done any of these subjects: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology at A-level and possess a Degree in any of the following; Food Science technology, Industrial chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry.
Experience: Two (2) years experience as process operative at a technical level in a sugar or related food-processing industry.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
If you feel that you match the outlined required requirements, write to the address below, enclose photocopies of your certificates, C.V, and testimonials, indicating names and address of two referees ‘and quoting the job reference number on the left-hand corner of the envelop.
Your application should be addressed to: Human Resources Manager, Kakira Sugar Limited, P.O. Box 121, Jinja - Uganda Tel: 0414-444000 OF Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date fs 18th October 2021.