Vacancy title:Supply Chain Manager
Deadline of this Job:09 May 2021
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lamwo, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933.IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala, and field offices in Kitgum, Moroto, Yumbe, Imvepi, Kiryandongo and Kyaka II.
Scope of Work:
The Supply Chain Manager is an integral member of the management team and reports directly to the Field Coordinator and Management In Partnership (MIP) with the Supply Chain Coordinator. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support in Lamwo program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include procurement, transport, inventory, asset management. .
The Supply Chain Manager will:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems in the Lamwo Program.
- Collaborate with Finance Manager to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum of bureaucracy.
- Work with Lamwo Field Office Supply Chain Staff and Field Coordinator to ensure effectiveness and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Implement job specific trainings to ensure that Supply Chain staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Compliance: Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All staff act in accordance with the policies. Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, etc).
- Monitor Lamwo Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Will Follow up with including timely information and any realignment budgetary comments.
- Finalize Procurement Plans for all grants in Lamwo field site.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Ensure assets disposal is reviewed annually and donor requirements are followed as required.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
Training & Outreach: Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and follow IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc, and are in position to clearly share this information when needed.
- Work with program staff towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each grant to ensure they fit with activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Ensure review and follow with timely submission of monthly Supply Chain reports from Lamwo field site.
Staff Management: Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support with recruiting of all Supply Chain staff while providing daily supervision of department.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that staff discipline follows a dynamic methodology which provides clear and structured improvement.
- Develop long term plan for continued quality leadership by providing staff development and succession plans.
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
- Keep an up to date of list of contracted, ad hoc, and pre-qualified suppliers.
- Ensure that files are established for all suppliers and these files are updated on regular basis
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure all transport key performance indicators are accurately tracked.
- Ensure warehouse and stock are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed and are disposed according to IRC
- Maintain regularly up to date asset lists and assets.
- Ensure supply chain works are consistently guarded to maintain required security levels, awareness and responsiveness.
- Ensure all warehouses are ready for Integra (ERP) deployment
- University degree in Supply chain Management, Business Management or any other related field.
- At least 3 years of progressive management and leadership experience.
- Experience working with donors funded projects including, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO, USAID, BPRM and EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Field experience of managing a large multi-site Supply Chain operation.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain Procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge with Microsoft office, spreadsheets, databases, and other related IT skills.
- Possess leadership skills and willingness to exercise initiative.
- Willingness to participate and contribute as a team member, under challenging working and living conditions.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants please visit: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=rescue&country=ug#/requisition/14309