Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. We work in six practice areas, including gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health and evaluation and learning. The firm is headquartered in Washington DC with staff working throughout the world.
Banyan Global is seeking candidates for a Team Leader – Strategic Partnerships position for the upcoming Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity in Uganda. The ICYD activity will address the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Uganda’s development objectives relating to child wellbeing, education, and youth development. This activity will be a flagship program administered by the Office of Education, Youth, and Child Development. The Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team to address sub-national constraints to priority outcomes through high-impact local partnerships.
The Team Leader – Strategic Partnerships will be based in Uganda for the Life of Project.
- Lead a team that will identify and engage with high-value partnerships to achieve project objectives.
- Lead a team that will identify opportunities available to regional localities to:
- reduce vulnerability of children and youth to HIV, violence and abuse
- strengthen household economic outcomes
- retain children in school longer
- foster greater learning outcomes for the broad base of children.
- Design a plan for identifying and establishing strategic partnerships that meet the project’s objectives, and lead the partnership building process.
- Contribute to a plan for Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting that allows for demand-driven and locally relevant program support for vulnerable households.
- Design innovative approaches that combine direct investments with linkages to other USG and non-USG programs, GOU programs, and private sector opportunities.
- Design a framework that can detect resources and leverageable opportunities and maintain the flexibility necessary to pivot toward partnerships where and when they exist.
- At least 7 years of professional experience working with local Ugandan entities and building partnerships to achieve project objectives.
- Experience working with the different districts in Uganda and ability to address their specific needs. Knowledge of the contextual realities of these same localities.
- Experience working with USAID
- Fluent English
- Bachelor’s Degree in an international development field.
- Experience leading a team in an environment with strict deadlines
- At least 10 years of professional experience
- Ugandan citizenship.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. We will only contact eligible candidates to discuss their availability. Please no phone calls. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.